001. Microsoft Outlook POP3
Set Up E-mail with Microsoft OutlookIn this tutorial, we shall use the domain eacdirectory.co.ke with the email address [email protected] as an example.
Step 1From your computer, click the Start menu and double-click the Control Panel icon.Step 2Double-click the mail icon
Type mail into the search box at the top-right of the Control Panel window to quickly find the Mail icon. Then, double-click it.
Step 3Click the E-mail Accounts button.
Step 4Select Add a new e-mail account and click the Next button.
Step 5Select POP3 and click the Next button.
- Enter Your Name and full E-mail Address in the appropriate text boxes.
- For the Incoming mail server (POP3), enter for example, mail.eacdirectory.co.ke and for the Outgoing mail server (SMTP), enter for example, mail.eacdirectory.co.ke
- Your User Name is your full e-mail address and your Password is the password that was chosen when setting up the e-mail account.
- Check the box to Remember password if you do not wish to enter the password each time when accessing your e-mail account.
- When you are complete, click the More Settings button.
Step 7In the new window that opens, click the Outgoing Server tab at the top.
Step 8Check the box for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and ensure that Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected. Click the Advanced tab.
- Incoming server (POP3) to 110.
- Outgoing server (SMTP) to 26 or 25 or 587
- Make sure the checkbox on 'This server requires an encripted connection' is NOT ticked
- Click the OK button when finished.
Step 10Click the Test Account Settings button to test the connection. Outlook should now be able to connect.
If successful, click the Close button and continue.
If you are experiencing trouble with the connection, check your E-mail settings once again with the previous steps in this article.
Step 11Click the Next button to save the E-mail Settings and continue through setup.
Step 12Click the Finish button to complete setup.
Step 13Click the Close button to exit the Mail settings window.
Step 14You may now launch Outlook 2003 to access your newly added EAC directory e-mail account!
Was this answer helpful?
Are you experiencing Outlook 2013 Slow to Receive Emails? The solution may be simple. There is a...
Set up POP3/IMAP email - HTC 1. Before you start Make sure you have the following information:...
Steps to find your email settings 1. Login to your cPanel.2. Click the Email Accounts button in...
Change or reset your password You can change your password for security reasons or reset it if...
Set Up Your Gmail Account to Use IMAPTo setup your Gmail account to use IMAP, sign in to your...