Change or reset your password
You can change your password for security reasons or reset it if you forget it. Your Google Account password is used to access many Google products, like Gmail.
Change your password
- Sign in to Your Gmail Account.
- Under "Sign-in & security," select Signing in to Google.
- Choose Password. If you see a prompt to sign in again, sign in.
- Enter your new password, then select Change Password.
Important: If you're running Android 5.1 and up, you need to wait 24 hours after changing your password to do a factory reset.
Reset your password
- Go to the Account support page.
- Follow the instructions. You'll be asked some questions to confirm it's your account and an email will be sent to you. If you don’t get an email:
- Check your Spam or Bulk Mail folders
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
- Request another email.
- Check all email addresses you might've used to sign up or sign in to your account.
3. Choose a password that you haven't already used with this account.